Thursday, January 18, 2007

Google Librarian Newsletter

Google is working hard to get our attention these days. I have been a subscriber to the Google Librarian Newsletter since its inception last year. Sometimes it's worthwhile to look over what they are promoting. Today in the new Google Librarian Blog I read about making a customizable Google search engine. I created it successfully for the Jr. Theme topic of immigration, using some of the websites that we promote for this topic, such as the Library of Congress site. I was able to insert the java script to this blog. It produces relevant results when the keyword search is thoughtful. With the help of the webmaster I was able to insert that code into our Immigration webpage on the New Trier Library site. Different code is used for sites that are not hosted by Google. See the customized Google search engine at the top left and give it a spin.

No comments: