Google believes that “collaboration is broken”: People make revisions to the same document, but one bad save by a late person can ruin the whole document. Thus Google’s belief is that creating a browser version of collaboration software that bridges the gap between the desktop and the web is key to better collaboration and quicker innovation.
Other key upgrades:
- collaborators can now see what others are typing character-by-character
- 50 people can now collaborate on one document
- new chat feature added for enhanced collaboration
- Google added features such as rulers, tab stops, spell-check as you type and floating images
- new Spreadsheet features: auto-complete, the ability to drag-and-drop columns and faster load times, autofill
- new “drawing editor” allows you to draw and download images that can be copied and pasted into multiple Google Docs.