Libguides regarding recent news and the Science related to events in Japan can be found here:
- Info on Earthquake in Japan - UMass at Amherst (also used by Eastern Connecticut)
- Japan Disaster Outreach - Arizona State University
- Japan - Earthquake & Tsunami - College of the Mainland, Texas City, Texas
- Japan Studies - University of Washington Libraries
- PBS NewsHour contains Lesson Plans and news
- The Atlantic's posting of news sources
- New York Times' Learning Network: Teaching Ideas: Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan
Provided for parents and educators, these links (and their description) are taken directly from MindShift Blog -- add this blog to your reading list:
- Tsunami Visualizations links to science sites about the Japanese earthquake, as well as photos and videos, interactive maps, and news stories [from Carleton College].
- The British Red Cross pulled together an informative site about how to address the events with students, including the social and emotional effects of hearing about tragedies.
- A collection of Tweets, posts, videos, and photos collected by one teacher using Storify.
- Learning to Give is a website that offers classroom lessons about disaster relief organized by grade level.
If you have some to add, post a comment.