Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fantasizing about the Kindle 2


Having read David Pogue's review of the new Kindle 2--The Kindle: Good Before, Better Now -- which came out last week, I am thinking about purchasing one. I just read Kathy Schrock's enthusiastic blog post about her new Kindle which has the added bonus of staying connected to your Personal Learning Network (PLN) via Twitter and Facebook. I found Shrock's blog post via her earnest Twittering.

Some features worth mentioning are the the 10.2 ounce weight (lighter than a paperback),about 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines, text to speech option, the highlighting feature,25% longer battery life (read on a single charge for up to 4 days with wireless on...turn wireless off and read for up to two weeks, and new buttons making it easier to hold and handle. The price tag is still $359 @ Amazon. The Kindle Store has more than 240,000 books available,(most under $10)plus top newspapers, magazines, and blogs. I am thinking for travel that it's a must! Does that mean I also have to schlep my laptop along to charge it via USB? hmmmm....

1 comment:

Kathy Schrock said...

Thanks for the kind words and glad you found my post. The Kindle 2 comes with a micro-USB to USB cord and a small USB to electrical plug adapter, so you do not need your laptop to charge it!